Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse is a comedy-drama sitcom created, produced and directed by one and the same person – Tyler Perry. The series was created basing on his films released in 2007 and 2010 named Why Did I Get Married? and Why Did I Get Married Too? The first season air date is the 25th of November 2011. Scroll down for the next season premiere.
The plot of the series revolves around three couples: Marcus and Angela, Richard and Keisha and Joseph and Leslie. They pass through various relationship troubles and complications leading the viewers through ups and downs of their marriages.
Cast & Characters
- Tasha Smith portrays the character of Angela Williams. Wife of Marcus. She owns a hair salon running it pretty successfully. She’s from New Jersey. Studied chemistry and has a degree.
- Michael Jai White portrays Marcus Williams. Her husband. A football player in the past. An owner of successful sports TV projects named C-Sports Now.
- Jason Olive portrays the character of Joseph Jetson. Marcus’s partner and best friend since college helping him with his show. A tennis player in the past. Leslie’s boyfriend.
- Crystle Stewart plays the role of Leslie Morris. Best friend of Angela – they’ve been friends since college. Deals with real estate business.
- Kent Faulcon plays the character of Richard Ellington. Marcus’s friend and partner. A baseball player in the past. Was dating with Keisha, but broke it up later.
- Cocoa Brown acts as Jennifer. Angela’s friend from New Jersey. Works at her salon as a stylist. She’s got two children.
- Bobb’e J. Thompson portrays the character of Marcus Williams, Jr. often referred to as M. J. He’s a son of Marcus and Angela.
- Brad James acts as Todd. C-Sports Now intern.
- Chandra Currelley portrays Miss V. A housekeeper of Marcus and Angela.
- Bobbi Kristina Brown portrays Tina. Jennifer’s daughter.
- Kiki Haynes acts as Ro’Keisha Jones. Referred to as Keisha. Marcus’s ex-girlfriend. Got a degree in accounting.
The show received multiple mixed reviews from the critics and viewers. It was called more soap than sitcom with a ton of urban sass. Also, a number of viewers is interested why Perry created his characters so ostentatiously wealthy. It adds the show a tint of a day-time soap opera.
Production & Tenth Season Release Date
OWN renewed the series for season 9 that was released on the 30th of September this year. If you’re interested when it will be continued, follow our updates and don’t forget to subscribe to the post if you don’t want to miss the new episode of season 10! The show hasn’t been cancelled and Tyler Perry is yet to schedule the date of the upcoming season of his successful project.