The Odd Couple is a multi-camera TV series created and released in the USA. The release was carried out by CBS with the first season release date on the 19th of February 2015. The series is based on the original idea developed by Neil Simon in 1965. It was a play with the same title that was followed by a film in 1968. The original TV series that followed the film was released in 1970. In 1982, a cartoon based on the series was released. A TV movie reunion entitles The Odd Couple: Together Again and the sequel entitled The Odd Couple II followed the original idea were released in the 90s. The Odd Couple season 4 release date is unknown yet, but the series is still going.
The cast of the series includes Matthew Perry (he’s also the developer and the executive producer of the project). He portrays Oscar Madison together with Thomas Lennon portraying Felix Unger. The official announcement about the release of the show was made in December of 2013. CBS channel picked it up at once.
Every new episode of The Odd Couple is devoted to two friends named Felix and Oscar. Felix Unger and Oscar Madison are acquainted since college. In the 80s, they lived together in one room trying to put up with each other’s habits and behavior. Felix is fussy and neurotic while Oscar is easy-going and slovenly. They become friends and get married to two different women extremely different from themselves. Felix is attracted to Ashley, and Oscar falls in love with Gaby.
After 20 years of family life Felix gets kicked out by Ashley. Gaby leaves Oscar who already works as the presenter of a sports talk show. Friends try to date the roommates from the same building where they live, but their plans about possible romance aren’t stable. Oscar often meets with his agent Teddy to play poker together with one of his best friends named Roy.
Cast & Characters
- Matthew Perry portrays a radio personality and a sportswriter named Oscar Madison. He’s a total mess and is extremely lazy.
- Thomas Lennon portrays a professional photographer named Felix Unger – a perfect freak. Often clashes with Oscar due to significant differences in character, but stays devoted to him. Felix is also a yoga teacher.
- Yvette Nicole Brown portrays Danielle Duncan referred to as Dani. Assists Oscar in his radio talk show. She’s straightforward always ready to express herself.
- Lindsay Sloane portrays their neighbor upstairs named Emily. Deals with jewelry business and demonstrates low self-esteem.
- Wendell Pierce portrays a friend and agent of Oscar named Teddy.
4th Season Air Date
On the 16th of May 2016 CBS prolongs the show for season 3 to premiere on the 17th of October 2016. There’s no relevant info available on the continuation of the show. When more official information about The Odd Couple season 4 appears in the media, we will notify you.