The Big Bang Theory is a sitcom created in the USA with the original idea belonging to Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. Both of them deal with the production of the project all together with Steven Molaro. They are also the creators of the script. The premiere episode was released on the 24th of September 2007 on CBS channel. In spring of 2014, the show was prolonged for three years more, which means that we have good chances to meet it in 2017. The Big Bang Theory season 11 release date hasn’t been announced yet, but it surely will be known in 2017 cause the project is in its 10th season at present. Read further for more info on the plot and the main characters.
The action of every new episode revolves around five main characters from Pasadena. Physicists and roommates named Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper. A waitress named Penny who is also an aspiring actress that in the course of the series turns into a representative in pharmaceutical sphere. Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Raj Koothrappali are Leonard and Sheldon’s awkward friends and colleagues. Intellectual issues in the series are juxtaposed to comical situations which makes the series so attractive.
The curious thing is that in the course of the series some of the supporting characters has been turned into the main ones. They are:
- Bernadette Rostenkowski – girlfriend of Howard and his future wife. She’s a microbiologist;
- Amy Farrah Fowler – a neuroscientist that later becomes the girlfriend of Sheldon;
- Stuart Bloom – owns a store of comic books;
- Leslie Winkle – a physicist;
- Emily Sweeney – a dermatologist.
Cast & Characters
- Leonard Hofstadter – an experimental physicist portrayed by Johnny Galecki. His IQ level is 173 and when he was 24, he managed to receive his PhD. His mom named Beverly (portrayed by Christine Baranski), who is also a scientist was too busy to devote her time to her son. Leonard is a nerd loving video games and strips. Lives together with Sheldon.
- Sheldon Cooper – a prodigy child in the past with incredible memory portrayed by Jim Parsons originates from Texas. When he was 16, he got his PhD. Deals with theoretical physics. His IQ level is 187, but he constantly gets stuck in troublesome everyday life situations. He’s got a mom named Mary (portrayed by Laurie Metcalf), who is a devoted Christian. He’s got a twin sister named Missy (portrayed by Courtney Henggeler).
- Penny Hofstadter – an aspiring actress played by Kaley Cuoco. She comes from Nebraska. Lives across the hall from the min characters. Dreams of becoming an actress but is not successful in it. In the course of the series, she becomes a representative of pharmaceutical doe to the lack of money to buy food and pay rent. She’s not intelligent, but her feeling of common sense helps her deal with hardest of life situations and share experience with her friends living across the hall.
- Howard Wolowitz – an aerospace engineer played by Simon Helberg. He’s Jewish living together with his mom named Debbie (portrayed by Carol Ann Susi), however, in the course of the series he moves away from her. His dad left him when he was 11. He’s got a half-brother named Josh (portrayed by Matt Bennett).
- Rajesh Koothrappali – a Caltech astrophysicist played by Kunal Nayyar. Originates from New Delhi. Has a wealthy family. Unable to communicate with women unless he gets drunk. However, in the course of the series he becomes mentally stronger and self-sufficient.
11th Season Air Date
The 10th season of The Big Bang Theory was initially released on the 19th of September and the season hasn’t been concluded yet. The produces have long lasting plans for the project, however, the 11th season release date hasn’t been announced for 2017.