Lucifer (season 3, release date — pending) is a police procedural TV series of an American production. It combines several genres, including comedy, fantasy, and drama. The pilot episode of the series was shown in 2015 and was very well met by the viewers.
The premiere of the first season took place in 2016 on Fox. The creator of the series is T. Kapinos. The second season was started to be shown in September of 2016.
The main cast of the show includes the following actors and actresses:
- Tom Ellis plays the character of Lucifer Morningstar,
- Lauren German plays the character of Chloe Decker,
- Rachael Harris plays the character of Dr. Linda Martin,
- B. Woodside plays the character of Amenadiel,
- Scarlett Estevez plays the character of "Trixie,"
- Tricia Helfer plays the character of "Mum,"
- Lesley-Ann Brandt plays the character of Mazikeen,
- Kevin Alejandro plays the character of Dan Espinoza,
- Kevin Rankin plays the character of Malcolm Graham,
- Aimee Garcia the character of Ella Lopez.
The TV series tells a story of Lucifer, who works in and lives and hell is looking from something more interesting and decides to resign. Then he moves to Los-Angeles and joins the Los-Angeles police. He is able to see the people’s motives, and this helps him to obtain confessions from the criminals. He has colleague named Chloe. There are also romantic feelings between them that develop gradually. The first season ends with a certain twist related to the mother of the main character. The second season continues developing the theme with the main character’s mother but also includes new interesting situations.
The first season of the show has attracted 7,160,000 viewers. Due to its success, the series was renewed for the next season, which attracted 4,360, 000 viewers. The show has received mixed receptions. Many critics noted the interesting plot. The following season has gathered even more positive reviews.
There are certain flaws in the script, but this does not upset the whole impression. Its score on IMDb has reached 8.3 out of 10. On Rotten Tomatoes, it has received the rating of 49%.
Max Nicholson of IGN gave to the pilot episode the rating 6.9 out of 10, noting the performance of Tom Ellis playing the main part in the show.
There were certain complaints demanding to stop filming the show due to showing Satan as a likable and relatable human. The series creator decided not to pay too much attention to such complaints.
Lucifer – What’s Ahead in Season 2?
Lucifer & Chloe "Finale" 1×13 Part 3/3