The TV viewers has already got used to mixed TV genres. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend combines elements of romance and drama mixed with elements of musical and set in the format of a dark comedy TV series. The premiere episode of it was released on the 12th of October 2015 by the CW. The creators of it are Rachel Bloom, Aline Brosh McKenna. I bet they haven’t thought that the series gonna be a great hit.
Rebecca Bunch, the protagonist of the series is a lawyer. She’s Jewish and highly-educate Harvard graduate. She is a member of one of the top New York companies. She likes what she does and her professional life is quite successful and stable.
She experiences real shock accidentally meeting Josh Chan while walking on the street. In 2005 they had a love affair in a summer camp. She could never get over this romantic addiction, but Josh moved to West Covina and left her alone with her desperate feelings in New York. After some time Rebecca makes her mind to accompany Josh searching for new life and happiness. She flies to Los Angeles and finds a new job in one of the local law firms and moves to a new house.
She finds new acquaintances and starts a friendship with Paula. She also gets into a sort of romantic relationship with Greg – a friend of Josh, with whom she desperately tries to reconnect.
Characters and Cast
- Rachel Bloom is portrayed by Rebecca Nora Bunch. She’s a lawyer from New York. She’s energetic, eccentric and extremely intelligent. Her life is quite stable, but she constantly experiences depression and never-ending anxiety. She moves to California trying to get her ex back.
- Vincent Rodriguez III plays the role of Josh. He’s Rebecca’s main love interest. He’s caring and charming, but looks like he doesn’t feel anything for her.
- Santino Fontana portrays the character of Greg Serrano. He’s the best friend of Josh. He’s grumpy and underachieving. Has a love affair with Rebecca, but feels complicated and unsure about this relationship.
- Donna Lynne Champlin portrays Paula Proctor. She’s Rebecca’s new co-worker and best friend. She’s got constant family life problems, but still does her best to provide her new friend Rebecca with valuable tips on romantic affairs. She’s extremely interested in Rebecca’s plans about Josh.
- Pete Gardner portrays Darryl Whitefeather. He’s Rebecca’s boss. He’s clueless and insensitive, divorced, middle-aged. Turns out to be bisexual in the course of time.
- Vella Lovell plays the character of Heather Davis. One of the college friends of Rebecca. She’s also fond of sharing love and life tips with her.
- Gabrielle Ruiz plays Valencia Maria Perez. Rebecca’s main rival and ex-girlfriend of Josh.
That’s the main cast. For the recurring cast get to the official webpage of the series or to the IMDb.
Release Date Info
The series was officially prolonged for the second season. The announcement was made on the 11th of March 2016. We’ve got no predictions about the release date of it, but it’s a bit early for exact facts cause the series concluded on the 18th of April 2016. We hope that the release date will be known in the beginning of autumn this year.