Better Late Than Never is a reality TV series created and released in the USA. The release was carried out by NBC with the first season release date on the 23rd of August 2016. The production matters were carried out by Universal Television together with Storyline Entertainment. This show is the American version of a South Korean project called Grandpas Over Flowers series. The cast is made up of William Shatner, Henry Winkler, George Foreman and Terry Bradshaw. Jeff Dye, the host of the project, accompanies them. These old celebrities travel around Asia spending no money on luxuries demonstrating culture and joking. The series started filming in the end of summer of 2015. The series started airing in the end of summer of 2016. Better Late Than Never season 2 release date is unknown yet, but the show is still going.
- Henry Winkler. An actor, a producer and a director of numerous shows on TV. Famous for portraying The Fonz in Happy Days TV series.
- William Shatner. A writer, a director and an actor. One of his most famous roles is the role of Capt. James T. Kirk in Star Trek;
- Terry Bradshaw. A football broadcaster and talented quarterback.
- George Foreman. An ex-heavyweight boxer.
- Just like in the Korean original version, the cast is accompanied by a young member. It’s Jeff Dye – one of the most famous comedians from Last Comic Standing released by NBC.
In the end of 2014, NBC bought official rights to create a remake version of Grandpas Over Flowers – South Korean series. The original show turned out to be very successful, which resulted in the release of two spin-offs.
The production matters of the series are carried out by one of the members of the cast named Winkler all together with Jason Ehrlich (dealt with the production of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette), Tim Crescenti, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Japanese Tokyo and Kyoto were the first ones to be filmed for the show. Later, more destinations were added. They were Seoul, Hong Kong, Phuket and Chiang Mai.
In every new episode, the cast members rely on each other’s support and friendship demonstrating mutual respect and understanding when needed.
2nd Season Air Date
In September of 2016, NBC made the official renewal of the series for season 2. We will announce the date when NBC shares more info on the release.