Better Call Saul is a crime drama TV series created and released in the USA. The creators of the project are Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould. The series was created as a spin-off serving as a prequel of Breaking Bad (this project was also created by Gilligan). The action of the spin-off revolves in 2002. It’s a story of a lawyer living in a small provincial town named James Morgan McGill often referred to as Jimmy (portrayed by Bob Odenkirk).
The events of Better Call Saul take place six years before the events of the original Breaking Bad series. Watch it and you will notice that some of the events of Breaking Bad are revealed. Better Call Saul season 3 release date is about to be announced for 2017. Read further for more info on the plot and the main characters.
Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad shared his vague plans on the possible release of a spin off in summer of 2012. He was sure he was going to devote the spin off to Saul Goodman. His conception was to create a show about a lawyer doing anything to remain out of law of the court in every new episode of the show. In spring of 2013, there was an official announcement about Gilligan and Gould developing the new project of the series. The main character of Better Call Soul was firstly introduced by Gould in Breaking Bad series.
Cast & Characters
- Bob Odenkirk portrays the main character – a lawyer from a small town named James Morgan McGill, often called simply Jimmy. He tries to navigate his life being stuck in the criminal world.
- Jonathan Banks portrays an ex-police officer named Mike Ehrmantraut. Now he works on his own being an attendant on a local parking lot. Later he starts dealing with private investigations and the so-called “cleaning”.
- Rhea Seehorn portrays a lawyer from Hamlin & McGill named Kim Wexler. She’s a close friend of Jimmy and his romantic interest.
- Patrick Fabian portrays the co-owner of Hamlin & McGillnamed Howard Hamlin. In season one he acts as nemesis for Jimmy.
- Michael Mando portrays a worker from a local chop shop named Ignacio Varga, often called Nacho. He’s intelligent and smart with ambitious nature. Belongs to the gang of Tuco Salamanca.
- Michael McKean portrays brother of Jimmy named Charles McGill, Jr. referred to as Chuck. Had been working at HHM but had to quit due to unpredictable health issues.
3rd Season Air Date
Season 1 was released by AMC on the 8th of February 2015. It was made up of ten episodes. Season 2 started on the 15th of February 2016. In March of 2016 the series was officially prolonged for season 3 to premiere in 2017. We will let you know the exact upcoming season release date of Better Call Saul when we get the official schedule of the channel.