The project bases on the original format of TV series with the same title. When the original Island with Bear Grylls passed through its third season, a celebrity version was officially confirmed. The new episode of the celebrity version was released in October this year. Season one was planned to consist of four episodes lasting for one hour each. 10 celebrities are in the cast. They spend two weeks on an island seeking for food, water, shelter and simply surviving on their own. They do the filming by themselves and they use only basic tools. They explore deserted places, face hunger and dangerous animals of the island.
- Ollie Locke. He’s the former participant of Made in Chelsea series. Tired of drama and looking for new open relationships filled with love and understanding. He’s persistent and ready to do what he thinks he must do.
- Aston Merrygold a former member of JLS. Duh. He also participated in a reality dance series. He’s a 28-year old guy, single, influenced by Bruno Mars, Michael Jackson and Prince. He’s probably too sensitive and nice for the project.
- Dom Joly. A former participant of Trigger Happy TV. One of the most annoying members of the team.
- Mark Jenkins. A star of The Hotel released by Channel 4. He’s weird what makes him one of the most enigmatic and strange members of the group of survivors.
- Thom Evans. A well-known rugby player. Attractive, sexy and muscled. Will he survive? – Certainly!
- Dr Dawn Harper. Famous as a doctor from Embarrassing Bodies. She’s hardly surprised by different things happening around her. Mentally prepared for every possible accident.
- Karen Danczuk. Simon Danczuk’s ex-wife. She’s tough and decisive. Quite a strong and persistent contender.
- Josie Long. A stand-up comedian. Stressed easily. Looks like she’s got no chances to survive on the island.
- Lydia Bright. One of the blondes from Towie. A sweet and hard girl at a time.
- Zoe Salmon. Northern Ireland presenter. She also participated in the filming of Dancing on Ice. She’s a very practical, sensible and crafty person. Manages to solve a number of problems.
Second Season Air Date
For those interested when the second season of Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls will be released we can say that the fate of season two is unknown yet. Channel 4 is yet to renew the show for season 2. Don’t forget to subscribe to our updates not to miss the second season release date and new outstanding episodes!