Growing Up Hip Hop is a reality TV series created and released in the USA. The release was carried out by WEtv with the first season release date on the 7th of January 2016. The filming was done in Los Angeles. Growing Up Hip Hop season 3 release date is unknown, but the series hasn’t been canceled yet.
Growing Up Hip Hop concentrates on a young generation of hip-hop performers doing their best to develop their own personal careers following steps of their famous parents. They already belong to hip-hop royalty families, but they’re willing to demonstrate their talent, sass, and independence – living covered by the shadow of famous parents is not that easy as it may seem.
The cast of the show are children of such legendary musicians as Damon Dash, Rev. Run, Russell Simmons, Master P, El DeBarge and Pepa. They’ve got quite a fortune to use for the rest of their lives and now they’re mostly dealing with all sorts of business. They turned away from music and devoted themselves to the fashion industry and acting.
In every new episode of Growing Up Hip Hop, the younger generation faces numerous challenges mostly connected with famous second names and their real identities. They’re striving to do something that can really personify them. They’re experimenting with hip-hop sound trying to get out of control of their influential parents. They get into surprising situations making their first steps to success and independence.
- Romeo Miller. An actor and a musician. Was earlier known as Lil’ Romeo. He’s Master P’s son. He wants to take control over the empire built by his dad, but has he chosen the right way? Angela, his closest friend is always ready to support him and guide him whenever possible.
- Angela Simmons. Rev. Run’s daughter and Russell Simmons’ niece. She deals with fashion industry and works as a model promoting her personal clothing line named Foofi. Wants to develop his business to the max in order to become completely independent from her famous relatives and her father’s fortune.
- Damon Dash. The son of Damon Dash. Nicknamed Boogie. He’s an entrepreneur co-owning Chipz Cookies, his record label and art gallery of NYC.
- Kristina Debarge. James DeBarge’s. She’s a songwriter and singer. At present, her dad is in prison, and she has to rely on her uncle. Tries to find a balance between family matters and her true devotion – music.
- Egypt Criss. Sandra “Pepa” Denton’s daughter. Does her best to develop her own music career. Although her mom protects her too much, she’s always ready to support her daughter and help her make her first steps into the world of professional music industry.
- TJ Mizell. Jam Master Jay’s son. Followed his dad’s steps and chose to become a DJ. Now he holds the hottest events all over the planet. However, his sacred wish is to find out the details of his dad’s strange death.
3rd Season Air Date
We will tell you more about when WEtv channel plans to release the third installment of Growing Up Hip Hop.