High Maintenance is a TV and Web series created in the USA. Created together by Ben Sinclair and Katja Blichfeld – a husband and a wife. The first season release date on HBO channel was scheduled for the 16th of September 2016.
The plotline of the show revolves around a marijuana deliveryman having no name, but referred to as The Guy (portrayed by Sinclair). He does his delivery service in New York. Every new episode released is created with the participation of the new cast.
Practically all episodes of the show are named after one of the characters that remained almost unseen in the episode (except for "Heidi"). The series is shot in different neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Manhattan. Every episode usually lasts for 5 or 12 minutes. A number of TV critics agree that this non-typical episode length make High Maintenance twisty, down to earth and humane at a time. That’s a totally new way of storytelling.
- Ben Sinclair. Co-creates the series and portrays the character of a nameless marijuana deliveryman.
- Dan Stevens portrays a screenwriter named Colin.
- Katja Blichfeld acts as Becky, Dan Stevens’ wife.
- Hannibal Buress portrays the character of a comedian.
- Max Jenkins and Hel?ne Yorke participate in the filming of multiple episodes. They usually portray people belonging to the world of fashion.
- Yael Stone portrays one of the customers of The Guy – a mushroom-dealing guy from Australia living in Bushwick.
- Michael Cyril Creighton portrays the character of Patrick. Suffers from agoraphobia, crazy about Helen Hunt. The Guy is his secret love interest.
Ben Sinclair says that he was inspired by Six Feet Under and Party Down TV shows. Every episode costs no more than $1,000.
Critical reviews were mostly positive. The show was called a brilliant collection of characters from the colorful New York society.
High Maintenance became Jenji Kohan’s favorite discoveries. Every little episode turns out to be a real jewel – a wonderful inner view into lives of people. The show is accurately crafted, which makes it truly delicious and enjoyable.
Second Season Air Date
In spring of 2015, HBO made an official announcement about the creation of a new series planned for the TV release on the 16th of September 2016. On the 28th of September the same year, HBO channel renewed the series for season 2. If you’re interested when the show will be continued, subscribe to the updates, because the release date is about to be scheduled.