Since the release of the fourth part of a popular franchise, Tremors, in 2004, years have passed. The question of whether there will be another chapter still lingers in the air. So, have there been any announcements regarding the possibility of shooting a sequel to the story about the Graboid monsters?
Tremors 5: Bloodlines will be out in fall 2015
We can happily reassure you all — here is the right moment to heave a sigh of relief — that there will be Tremors 5. It is also known that the ever-present monsters will also be there, as well as the main character Burt Gummer, the Graboid hunter (played by Michael Gross). The new movie will be titled Tremors 5: Bloodlines, and it is scheduled for October 2015.
As the story of the film takes place in South Africa, this is the main shooting location where the works began in September last year. Don Michael Paul directed the movie, and John Whelpley, Brent Maddock, and S.S. Wilson wrote the screenplay.
Below are some film details.
- Director: Don Michael Paul (Jarhead 2: Field of Fire, The Garden, Sniper: Legacy)
- Writers: Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, John Whelpley
- Production company: Universal 1440 Entertainment
- Distributor: Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- Michael Gross (Suits, How I Met Your Mother, Atlas Shrugged II: The Strike)
- Jamie Kennedy (Little Savages, The Hungover Games, The Reef 2: High Tide, Scream 3)
- Ernest Ndhlovu (Primeval, A Million Colours)
- Natalie Becker (The Scorpion King: Rise of a Warrior, The World Unseen)
- and others.
The official commentary
Glen Ross, Executive VP at Universal 1440 Entertainment, stated, “The Tremors franchise has built a reputation for high intensity fun and suspense and this installment takes it to a whole new level.” Sounds promising, doesn’t it?
The release of Tremors 5: Bloodlines on DVD and Blu-ray is scheduled for 2016, some time after it will be seen on the big screens.
Do you think you are going to watch Tremors 5 in the theater? Have you seen other chapters?