What is the correct order to watch Stargate movies and TV shows? Find out below.
The Origin of Stargate
The history of Stargate dates back to 1994 with the release of the first movie Stargate with Kurt Russell and James Spader in the lead roles. The movies touched on one of the great mysteries in the history of the Earth, which is already for many years struggling scientists Egyptologists: who built the Great Pyramid of Egypt. Could the ancient Egyptians with their primitive level of technology to build such monumental structures?
The TV shows
The movie was a great success, and his motives were released two TV series: Stargate SG-1 (1997-2007 gg.), Stargate Atlantis (2004-2009), Stargate Universe (2009 -2011) and one animated TV show titled as Stargate Infinity (2002-2003, 16 episodes). The series Stargate SG-1 lasted on television screens for 10 years (10 seasons) and became the longest science fiction series in television history, beating even a cult TV series The X-Files and Star Trek.
Full-length movies in Stargate universe:
- Stargate: The Ark of Truth
- Stargate: Continuum
Shooting of The Ark of Truth began in April 15, 2007. The storyline of the film will revolve around Oraev – the new major villains from the 9 and 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1 series. According to Cooper (Robert C. Cooper), he felt that he would have to complete the story of the struggle with the Earthlings Oaryami and put everything in its place. In the film, we can expect a lot of surprises may come back some old familiar villains and allies. The Ark of Truth will come in widescreen and on DVD, in addition to the Ark of The Truth watch on DVD the movie called Mythology of Stargate, which tells the background of the detachment of SG-1 for viewers who are not familiar with the TV series Stargate SG-1.
The plot of the second movie tells the story of time travel. In this movie, we will see a lot of old familiar characters: Tamb, Nirti, and other System Lords. Several scenes were filmed in Arctica, within the polar research station (APLIS). The main villain and enemy of SG-1 will be the Goa’uld Baal, who will be able to change the timeline so that the world will forget about the existence of the Stargate and become vulnerable to invasion Goa’uld.
Chronological viewing order of Stargate cinematic universe:
- StarGate (feature film) released in 1994;
- StarGate SG-1 (1-10 seasons) released in 1997 – 2007 – start watching from 1 to 7 seasons;
- Begin watching Stargate Atlantis (1 season) – the plot of the series Stargate Atlantis develops simultaneously with SG-1, starting from the 8th season.
- StarGate Atlantis (1-5 seasons) or watch SG-1 season 9 and Atlantis season 2 if you want to watch the story chronologically;
- SG-1 season 10 and Atlantis season 3;
- Stargate: The Ark of Truth – the feature movie released in 2008;
- Watch Atlantis season 4;
- Atlantis season 5 – the first episode Search and Rescue;
- Stargate: Continuum – the feature movie also released in 2008;
- Continue watching Atlantis season 5, episodes 2 through 20;
- Stargate Universe (1-2 seasons) – the last TV show in the cinematic universe that was released in 2009-2011.
We won’t disclose all plotlines since the story is quite complicated. However, with such viewing order of Stargate cinematic universe you will abe able to understand it completely.
We also hope that such watching order of Stargate will be useful if you only watched the first movie of 1994 or have never heard about this sci-fi franchise.
Remember Stargate viewing order from this table:
Offer your watch order of Stargate for newcomers. We also want to read your feedback about the offered viewing order of Stargate TV shows and movies.