Queen of the South is a drama TV series created and released in the USA on the 23rd of June, 2016. The release was carried out by USA Network channel. The show was successfully adapted from a famous Telemundo project – a TV novella entitled La Reina del Sur. The original idea belongs to Arturo Pérez-Reverte, a talented Spanish writer who wrote a novel with the same title. The show started broadcasting all over the world from August 2016. Read further for more info on the series and Queen of the South season 2 release date.
The action of every new episode revolves around Teresa Mendoza – Guero Davila’ girlfriend. His rivals kill him because of some dark spots in their past when they had been busy drug dealing together with Guero. Teresa moves in southern Spain planning to restart her life and get in contact with Santiago Fisterra collecting hashish in Africa and moving it to Spain.
- Alice Braga portrays the main character named Teresa Mendoza – a 23-year-old drug trafficker.
- Veronica Falcon acts as Don Epifanio’s separated wife named Dona Camila Vargas. She heads one of the chapters in Vargas Cartel situated in Dallas, Texas.
- Justina Machado portrays Chino’s wife named Brenda Parra. She’s also Teresa’s best friend and faithful companion. Tony’s mom.
- Hemky Madera acts as Vargas lieutenant named Cartel Pote Galvez.
- James Martinez portrays Vargas Cartel lieutenant named Gato Fierros.
- Joaquim de Almeida portrays Camilla Vargas’ husband named Don Epifanio Vargas. Heads the Vargas Cartel. He’s also in the list of candidates to govern Sinaloa – one of the Mexican states.
- Gerardo Taracena portrays Don Epifanio companion and advisor nicknamed Batman. His real name is Cesar Guemes.
- Peter Gadiot portrays the companion of Camila named James Valdez.
- Carlos Gomez portrays the character of Javier Acosta.
- Mark Consuelos acts as Teo Aljarafe.
- Jon-Michael Ecker portrays the character nicknamed El Güero. His name is Güero Davila.
Queen of the South got multiple reviews from mixed to positive. Rotten Tomatoes gives it 69% rating, basing on the reviews of sixteen critics. Queen of the South demonstrated quite a potential enlivening an overdone plotline, successfully combining it with appealing action and attractive narration manner. Metacritic gave it 59 points rating out of 100, basing on the opinions of fifteen critics.
Second Season Air Date
USA Network is happy to finally announce the news on the second season release date of Queen of the South. In September of 2016, the show was prolonged for one season more planned to be released somewhere in 2017. We will let you known when we get more info on the project.