The Circle is a sci-fi drama film planned for the release in spring of this year. The direction matters are carried out by James Ponsoldt. The idea of the film is based on the novel with the same title published in 2013 by Dave Eggers. The cast of The Circle includes Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Karen Gillan, Patton Oswalt, and Bill Paxton. The photography and filming started on the 11th of September 2015. The filming took place in LA. The Circle release date has already been announced. Scroll down to know more about the release of the film.
- Emma Watson portrays the character of Mae Holland.
- Tom Hanks plays the character of Bailey.
- John Boyega portrays an enigmatic man named Kalden.
- Karen Gillan portrays a smart and charming member of The Circle named Annie Allerton.
- Patton Oswalt portrays on of the founders of The Circle named Tom Stenton.
- Brando Marler portrays the character of Tommy Stenton.
- Bill Paxton plays the father of Mae.
- Glenne Headly plays the mother of Mae.
- Ellar Coltrane portrays the character if Mercer.
- Poorna Jagannathan portrays the character of Dr. Jessica Villalobos
The main character of the film is a woman handling a successful technical company known as The Circle. One day a mysterious man gets her involved in strange activities leading to even stranger circumstances.
On the 15th of December 2014, there was the first official announcement about the development of a new project named The Circle – a drama series with the participation of Tom Hanks. The film was initially described as an adaption of the novel with the same title written by Dave Eggers. The script was supposed to be written by James Ponsoldt. Eventually, he was approved as the director of the project. In January of 2015, Anthony Bregman was confirmed as the producer of the show. On the 11th of May 2015, Image Nation Abu Dhabi officially announced that they were going to deal with co-production of the project together with Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald.
In May of 2015, Alicia Vikander was added to the cast. In May of 2015, Emma Watson was officially announced as the actor portraying the leading character in the film. In the beginning of summer of 2015, Vikander left the project. In August the same year 2015, John Boyega joined the cast to portray the character of Kalden. In September the same year Karen Gillan was assigned to portray the character of Annie – one of the most intelligent members of The Circle. In September of 2015, Patton Oswalt joined the cast to portray the character of Tom Stenton – one of the founders of The Circle together with Ellar Coltrane ready to play the character of Mercer.
The Circle Release Date
The Circle is planned for the release on the 28th of April 2017.